Picture
December is here and before it gets too cold and everything becomes snow covered.  It’s time to clean up all those bits and pieces laying around the farm that got left out, blown over, or just plain forgotten.

Item number one on my list is straightening up my fence posts.  Years ago my posts and fence went in in a hurry.  It was rushed because I planted my first trees and shrubs in my nursery area before any of my fence infrastructure was up.  Very soon my local deer and ground hog population found my newly planted future orchard.

It was soon after that first deer sighting that I threw up whatever I had laying around.  Cedar trees were used as fence posts and 4 foot vinyl fence was doubled up to make an 8 foot deer barrier.  Doing this in an afternoon I knew that mistakes were made and I would soon be replacing the fence.  This was okay however because I knew I would be quickly outgrowing my small nursery area.

Well this fall I finally got around to taking down the old 4 foot vinyl fencing and pulling out the posts.  I got out my trusty post hole digger and went to work with my shale bar.  Digging 3 foot deep post holes is real work but it should stand up better than those 1 ½ foot holes I dug years ago.

The lesson I take away from this is that it always pays to plan.  Doing things according to plan those many years ago I would I built the proper fence then and saved the hassle of having to do it over again.

Another lesson learned is that when it comes to farming getting something a little bit bigger than what you think you need is usually a safe bet.  That small greenhouse is fine when you are starting out but when your operation expands you might end up kicking yourself for not planning ahead.

What are you cleaning up in your garden or farm this fall and winter?  We would love to hear from you.  Leave a message in the comments or send us an email.

Comments

02/12/2016 11:41pm

Can I simply just say what a comfort to uncover a person that really knows what they're talking about online. You definitely understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you aren't more popular because you definitely possess the gift.

01/11/2017 2:36am

EF13 Muscle Supplement With natural vegetable, if this happens then the pleasant on-line bodybuilding supplement store would EF13 Muscle Supplement possibly provide their product as a device, rather.

05/18/2016 7:38am

In winter the gardens will cover with the white snow and the flowers and leaves of garden are fallen and will grow again in summer season more healthier and fresh.

01/11/2017 5:59am

EF13 Muscle Supplement That perfect shape like you have continually desired to. Calorie requirements Earlier than we move everywhere EF13 Muscle Supplement with body building muscle, you have got to investigate. http://guidemesupplements.com/ef13-muscle-supplement/

07/06/2016 3:12pm

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Cheers!

01/11/2017 8:39am

EF13 Muscle Supplement To layout a high protein and high calorie eating regimen, collectively with appropriate sports activities EF13 Muscle Supplement supplements on the way to increase your intake to maximize. http://www.healthsupreviews.com/ef13-muscle-supplement-reviews/

08/08/2016 1:42am

WhatsApp, the most popular mobile applications, can be installed on various mobile platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian, and BlackBerry.

08/11/2016 4:29am

This is very useful, although it will calzoncillos calvin klein be important to help simply click that web page link:

10/20/2016 9:28am

We have a team of efficient writers working with us – you can always come to us with ask to do your homework and expect outstanding work.

01/13/2017 8:27am

It saves time and increases results. Max Testo XL is recommended most effective in case you are skilled in the gymnasium. It's miles discouraged for health club starters. The muscle groups of health club novice are vulnerable to muscle cramps. http://musclesciencefacts.com/max-testo-xl-reviews/

03/16/2017 6:53am

03/22/2017 11:49am

I in a general sense need to offer key a commitment of thankfulness is all together for this interminable post, quality article and will look a more essential measure of your amassed entrancing substance. Great sharing!

In winter the greenhouses will cover with the white snow and the blooms and leaves of garden are fallen and will develop again in summer season more advantageous and new. In winter the patio nurseries will cover with the white snow and the blooms and leaves of garden are fallen and will develop again in summer season more beneficial and new.

07/01/2017 2:18am

With the advancement in the field of technology, internet, and connectivity, a significant boost is seen in the social being of the population

Fences should be a part of anyone's house.

Love to see more of posts like that.

08/17/2017 7:27am

Pool security is one of the essential worries for the property holders. They not just need to give a chance of amusement and unwinding for the relatives with an excellent swimming pool yet additionally need to guarantee security for the youthful children and pets at home.